IRCTC has been constantly making efforts to improve their services and make it easier for passengers to travel on Indian Railways. They also offer an online service, Train Fare Enquiry which allows you to check the train fare for any train.
This is one of the easiest and fastest ways to get the correct fare information and train fare inquiry in just a few moments.
Indian Railways also offer special discounts to special passengers which are as under:
- Senior Citizen Female – 50% Base Fare
- Senior Citizen Male – 50% Base Fare
- Student – 50% Base Fare
- Doctor – 10% Base Fare
Train Fare Enquiry Indian Railways
IRCTC offers two different methods to check out the fares of the train which are as under:
Train Fare Enquiry through Phone:
You can call 139 through your mobile phone to check the fares of different trains.
Train Fare Enquiry through Internet:
Indian Railways also have the feature to find out the train fare through their website. To do that, follow these steps:
- Open your web browser and head over to “http://www.indianrail.gov.in/enquiry/FARE/FareEnquiry.html?locale=en“.
- Once the page loads up, provide the required information which includes:
Train Number: Number of the Train on which you wish to travel.
Journey Date: Date on which the journey will start.
Source Station: Name of the Station which from the journey begins.
Destination Station: Name of the Station at which journey ends.
Travel Class: This includes the class in which you wish you travel.
Travel Quota: The quota under which the booking will be done.
- After you provide the required information, click on Get Fare and fare will be shown to you according to the provided information.