Indian Railways also offer its passengers the facility of retiring room. They are paid and you can wait for your train there and it can be for 12 hours or 24 hours before or after the train timing. Retiring Rooms can be booked through the PNR Number of your ticket.
Most of the railway stations across the country don’t have retiring rooms available, but major stations such as Delhi, Mumbai, and Chennai etc. have the facility of retiring rooms. One room can be registered per one PNR No.
Charges are based on what type of accommodation you select which includes:
- A Suite
- An Air-Conditioned Room
- A Basic Room Without Air Conditioner
- A Dormitory with Lockers
How to book a retiring room online?
To book a retiring room online for your journey, follow these steps:
- Open your web browser and visit https://www.rr.irctctourism.com/
- Sign in with your IRCTC Account or use the Guest User Login.
- Now Enter your PNR No. from your train ticket.
- Click on Search and you will get your PNR details.
- If you want to book the room at your source station, select “Book on Source” or for destination station select “Book on Destination”.
- Select the room type according to your needs and also select the Check-In and Out Date.
- After filling the details, click on “Check Availability”.
- Select the Room no and Slot Duration and click on “Proceed”.
- Enter your ID Card Type and No. and click on “Proceed”.
- Click on “Make Payment”.
- Select your Payment Option and complete the payment.
- Now take the Printout with you and you have now successfully booked a retiring room at your desired station.