eCatering IRCTC is a subsidiary of Indian Railways and it functions to deliver quality and variety in food to railway passengers. With eCatering Scheme, it has become easier for the passengers to order food in the train of their choice.
The passengers now have full freedom to order the food of their choice from their favorite restaurants. eCatering Scheme has a lot to offer to the passengers, from the simple combo of daal, roti, and chawal to the famous Mughlai Biryani to delicious Pizzas, Passengers get the options to pick from a variety of options and have the food delivered right to their seats.
Unfortunately, eCatering is available at a few of the major railway station where the passengers can avail these services. These stations are:
How to order food using eCatering service?
To order food in the train using the eCatering service, follow these steps:
- Download the IRCTC’s e-Catering app or head over to its website “https://www.ecatering.irctc.co.in“.
- Enter your ten digit PNR number to access the range of food options available at your station.
- For most railway stations, the mode of payment for train food delivery includes debit cards, mobile wallets and cash on delivery.
- You get an excellent list of restaurants from which you can choose your favorite meal. They have all kinds of restaurants along with all types of cuisines.
- Choose your favorite meal and order it!
- Once you order your meal, sit back and relax on your seat while your meal is being prepared and delivered to you.
The food on a specific station is from the famous restaurants of that city along with the meals which are local delicacies from local eateries.