Indian Railways provides the people with the facility of Circular Journey Tickets which are tickets issued by Indian Railways for all the journeys (except for the regular routes) which start and end at the same station.
- Circular Journey Tickets can be purchased for all booking classes and the passengers are given a maximum of eight break journeys during their travel.
- For Circular Tickets, Endorsements for break journeys aren’t required.
- You can also avail Standard Circular Journey Tickets from Zonal Railways too.
- The details for these tickets such as route, fare, etc. can be obtained from the nominated stations in each of the Zonal Railway.
- Circular Journey Tickets gives the passenger benefit of considerably lower than regular point-to-point fare.
- A 40% concession for Male Senior Citizens and a 50% concession for Female Senior Citizen is granted on circular tickets on a trip of a minimum 1,000 KM.
Circular Journey Tickets Booking
- After you finalize the journey route, you can approach the Station Managers or the Divisional Commercial Managers of the Division to which the boarding station belongs to.
- Based on your Journey Route, the authorities will calculate and tell you about the cost of the tickets.
- By presenting the form provided by the authorities, you can purchase Circular Journey Tickets from the Booking Office of the station from where you wish to start your journey.
- After the Circular Journey Ticket has been purchased, visit the Reservation Office to reserve your accommodation for different placing during your journey.
- You will then be issued reserved tickets according to your selected stations for the journey.